Sunday, January 3, 2010

We can't bring back those we lost to chemo

Everyone knows someone who they think died from cancer. I have lost people I love dearly, I thought, to cancer. I THOUGHT that they died from cancer; now I know that the actual cause of death was chemotherapy. Their deaths push me to help get the truth out. I wish that I knew then what I know now. Would they still be here? That is unknown. Maybe. Maybe not. We can't go back in time. We can't bring back those we lost. We can only look forward. It is only a matter of time before someone you know hears the words that I heard when the surgeon leaned over me in the recovery room and said: "it was malignant". Our environment is toxic, our stress levels are high, it seems to be a question of not "if" but "when" that diagnosis will be made. Be prepared to "just say no to chemo". Be aware that the cancer industry is based on the ability to create fear, making it very easy to manipulate people into chemotherapy. Let's try to save everyone that we can in the future.
My close brush with chemotherapy pushes me to help get the truth out. I am grateful to my husband. The week after surgery, the oncologist recommended "precautionary chemotherapy". My husband asked me what I was going to do. I replied that of course, I will do everything I can. With that he said, "let's not be too hasty, let's research this". I am grateful everyday that he had the wisdom to speak those words.
The body has a tremendous ability to heal. You cannot heal with poison. Give the body what it needs to heal. Trust. You will heal.
Just say no to chemo.

1 comment:

  1. My mother told her oncologist - more than once, "No more chemo," but they pushed her to do it anyway and convinced her that it (Avastin) wasn't bad like other chemo. She went from doing well to dying within 2 months from the chemo. Her prognosis with no treatment was 4+ years. Say no to chemo and stand your ground! Don't let doctors manipulate your decisions.
    In memory of Dr. Martha Ann Whisenant, PhD.
    1942-August 12,2018

    ReplyDelete